f THY launching airline in Albania

THY launching airline in Albania

  • Son Güncelleme: 14/08/18 11:21:56
  • 1

Turkish Airlines started talks with the Albanian Government last year with the intention of founding a new national carrier. Negotiations finalised as both sides agreed upon the formation of a new Albanian national airline company, Air Albania.

According to the agreement reached by the both sides, newly established Air Albania’s majority of stakes (51%) will be owned by Albcontrol of Ministry of Economy and Tourism, whereas Turkish Airlines will hold the remaining 49%.

Airline’s fleet will compromise of two A319s dry leased from THY. The first destination will be Istanbul from Tirana. Following destianaitons will be Prishtina, Skopje, Zagreb, Podgorica, Sarajevo and other main destinations in Europe. Turkish Airlines will provide necessary technical and administrative support to the Airline.

After its national airline Albanian Airlines demised in 2011 and other main carrier Belle Air’s bankruptcy in 2013, Albania was absent of a local carrier. There are several airline companies regularly serving the local market.

Turkish Airlines, had a similar partnership in Bosnia-Herzegovina’s Air Bosnia in 2008. Airline, after four years of partneship,  tranfered its 49% shares in the Company to the Government of Bosnia Herzegovina.



Kaynak: www.kokpit.aero

Kokpit Aero

Yorum Yap